Saturday, March 09, 2013

Beautiful Day

Today is a beautiful day, the temp is almost 40, here in Appleton, NY. The sun is shining brightly. I have finally been able to transfer this blog to my gmail account, so hopefully I am going to be able to write in it more often. I can't believe it has been four years since my Crusher cat died. We have had our other older cat pass away recently. His name was ET. He was a black cat, just as sweet as could be. He was shy around strangers, but once he got to know you, he loved you. He was very loyal, even though he was not doing well, he would somehow get himself across the house to be with you. I will miss him dearly. We now have the one cat, his name is Eli. he is about 3 yrs. old now. We have one dog, Jenny, and 7 chickens - 6 hens and one rooster, who is just learning how to crow. Hopefully this summer we will have some new chicks.

This winter these chickens have laid at least one egg per day, and sometimes two. I thought when the weather was cold - it has been a really cold winter - they would slow down on the egg production. We have been giving away eggs because we have so many of them.

I am back in school, learning web design. It has been a good journey. I have one more semester to go to get my AS degree. I really like learning the code to make a website.

I got downsized out of my job at the Lockport Union Sun. Last October they decreased my department from 8 people to 4. They did it by seniority. I was number 5, even though I had been with the company for 23 years. I have not found a job yet, so concentrating on my studies.

No comments: