Saturday, October 21, 2006

LOVE ONE ANOTHER

Today I have been busy making things for the craft show. I got some bookmarks done. I am also working on fixing a golf club cover for my husbands brother-in-law. I am abou t a quarter of the way through it. I had to rip it out many times so that it would fit right. Oh well, that is part of designing your own pattern I guess. Well I got some good news Friday. I had put in for the opening in Lockport paper in the graphic arts department, and I got the job. That means a pay raise, and shorter distance to work. I worked in that department in Medina for 12 years, then the department got moved to Tonawanda, now it is back in Lockport. I moved back to Medina 6 months after we moved to Tonawanda, only as the receptionist/cashier/girl Friday. I am looking forward to designing ads again. I miss doing that. I love my job in Medina, and the people I work with, but the phone calls from the rude and down-right mean people I will not miss. I will not miss the people swearing at me because their paper is late, or they didn't receive one. You know if you are talking to a customer service person, please take into consideration that they have feelings too, and that whatever you are mad at, they had nothing to do with it. I don't know why people have to be sooooooo mean sometimes. Jesus taught us to love one another. If you have love for one another, you will not want to hurt them. Well I guess I had better sign off now.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I agree 100%!That goes for anyplace you have to work with the public I'm afraid. Customer Service should not justify being rude and hateful to the person you want to help you with a problem. I see it nearly everyday at the store. I admire the members of the LDS church as your faith is so strong.