Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Loomed hats, and more

Boy time sure does get away from you doesn't it? What with working full time, learning my new computer, and spending time with my family, there seems to be no time left for any thing else. I have so much I want to get done with my embroidery, and I haven't even hooked up the machine yet, from when I took it to church to do some humanitarian sewing. We sewed baby hats out of fleece with baby designs on it. they were so-o-o-o-o cute!!

I showed them the hats I have been doing on the knitting loom. They were pretty excited about them too. I have used a lot of small pieces of yarn to do the baby hats. and they are so cute. I need to get some together and post them here.

I am kind of bummed, as I am going to go see my Mother at the 1000 Islands next weekend, and I am going alone. My step-daughter is working, and my husband has too much to do here at the house, but I am kind of glad too, because I need to have some time to my self and spend with my Mom. I will actually be able to relax and take it easy, not have to worry about everyone having fun all the time, and getting no rest on my vacation at all. Don't get me wrong, I love my family more than anything, but I do need some time to myself sometimes. It is the first time in 8 years I will be going anywhere myself. Here are pictures of my work on the loom. The rectangle one is my first dishcloth on the loom. It turned out nicer than I thought it would.






With Mitt Romney running for president I have heard a lot of negative comments about my faith. I would like to clear some of them up. Yes we do believe in the same Jesus you do, and in my book that makes us christians, as we do believe in Christ. Isn't that what a christian is? We study the King James Version of the Bible for 2 full years in our Sunday School. One year for the Old Testament, and One Year for the New Testament. Then we study our Book of Mormon for one year. We believe in reading and contemplating and studying our scriptures everday. We also have family prayer in the morning and in the evening. We have a family home evening - usually on Monday nights, but it can be changed to accommodate family memebers schedules. We have a short lesson and then we can play a game together as a family, or sing or do both, or we could go and do service for a family in need, or something on that sort.

No comments: