Friday, July 20, 2007

microwave heating pad

Well, this week has been rather tough. My son and daughter-in-law have moved to Florida as she got a good job down there. I am going to miss them alot. I have never been separated from them. New York to Florida is a long ways. I guess I will have to call a lot. I am working on another baby hat. It is turning out really cute. I have joined a group called loomknittingnewbies and they are great! I love all their suggestions, and their patterns. I have tried a few. They have helped alot! I am also working on a microwave heating pad. It is a fingertip towel folded into an envelop basically. It is folded into thirds and sewn on either side with the middle open so you can put the rice pack in. The rice pack is muslin filled with regular white rice. You put the rice pack in the microwave for 1 min. 30 sec. to 2 min. and it is very warm. You place it inside the towel and put it where you have muscle pains, or tension in the neck. It works very well. I will post a pic of the one my mother made for me. I use it all the time.


No comments: