Sunday, September 03, 2006

About Me



My name is Desiree,and I live in a small town in New York. We have a farm with quite a few acres. The picture is of Myself and my Granddaughter. She was eating some watermelon from our garden at the time.

We were married late in life. I have a son and he has a daughter. The granddaughter is his daughter's child. We get to see her quite often - about once a week. We love her to death. She is such a good baby. She is 10 months old.

We have been canning tomato juice, salsa, spaghetti sauce, hot pepper jelly, and pickles. We also have been freezing corn, beans, peppers, broccoli. Everything is made from stuff from our garden. We are trying to become more self sufficient. You never know what is going to happen next in this world. Our church teaches us that we should be more self sufficient and have food storage - enough for at least 3 months, and preferrably for a year. We belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I love to knit, crochet, sew - I just learned to do some basic quilt blocks, I also make embroidered earrings, embroidered tote bags, embroidered clothing, Christmas decorations, etc. I sell them at craft shows.



This is Grandpa and Jamya - pronounced Ja-my-a











This is our house in the springtime

1 comment:

bevq said...

What a beautiful baby Jamya is! I love her name too. She and grandpa look like they just belong together sleeping on that recliner! How relaxing is that? And what a reward for raising children!!

I will bookmark your blog and if I ever figure out how to link to blogs from mine, I will do that!

HUGS
Bev