Saturday, September 30, 2006

Today was a nice relaxing day. We had General Conference at Church that my husband and I listened to on the internet. That was very nice. It is so spiritually uplifting even if we couldn't see it. The Satellite dish at our ward didn't work. We don't have a dish at home, we don't even have cable, so we listened to it over our dial-up internet.

I was able to sleep in a little this morning. Then I started printing out some pictures I have been promising my step-daughter. I also made some more leaf earrings. This time they were green verigated thread, turned out nice, but not as I had hoped they would. I have been crocheting little coin purses during the conference times (12-2 and 4-6 here in the Eastern Standard Time). I am thinking that I should get making some mittens for the mitten tree at the library for kids who don't have any warm mittens to wear this winter.

I can't believe it is October all ready. My granddaughter is going to be one on the 23rd of this month. It doesn't seem possible. This year has really flown by. The years seem to be going faster and faster the older I get.

I also made a loaf of bread and homemade chicken soup and some apple crisp today. And my husband and I took a walk back to the creek in our back fields. It was just a nice, relaxing, no rushing day.

No comments: